Sunday, May 1, 2011

Reference Sunday: Fun With Chinese Cooking by Frances Lee

Today is my nephew Joseph's 12th birthday or as I like to call him JoJo.   Last year I wrote about a book that teaches kid's Chinese.  He is still taking Chinese in school and seems to still like it.   Not only does he still like learning this very difficult language he loves the food.  He has also always loved Chinese food.  I think he could eat it every day.  A few years ago his class had to put together a cookbook and the recipe he contributed was an easy Lo Mein dish he loved.   His love of Chinese food inspired me to recommend this really great book to help teach kids the art of cooking a real Chinese menu.

 
Fun With Chinese Cooking (Let's Get Cooking!)
Fun with Chinese Cooking by Frances Lee is geared toward kids ages 8 and up who love to cook.   The recipes are easy to read with step by step instructions and full color photographs.  This book is a great way for kids to learn how to make some foods that they thought they could only get out to eat.   I like how there is an explanation of the dishes with side bars that have extra tips that are fun to read.   So if you know a child who loves Chinese food as much as my nephew does than this would be a great book for them.....

No comments:

Post a Comment