Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Flashback Tuesday: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang by Ian Fleming

A few nights ago I was flipping channels on the TV when I stopped to watch one of my favorite movies of childhood.   Watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang brought back so many memories.   I remembered also that it was a favorite of my brother Michael's.   We used to pretend that we had a car like that.   I also remember finding the book on our bookshelves. ( It wasn't until I was much older that I realized that the author of this magical book also created "James Bond"--- I guess he always liked gadgets!)  
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang by Ian Fleming~ This classic novel is nothing at all like the movie.  At first this was disconcerting to me but then I realized that I could like both because both were enjoyable.   This is the kind of book I always liked.   It had adventure and intrigue with bits of humor spliced in.   I would imagine myself as Jemima and my brother as Jeremy.   I would love for this classic book to be rediscovered by children today.....it makes a perfect summer reading title.  I think it would also be a great book to read with your child....a wonderful read aloud at bedtime. "Truly Scrumptious".....

No comments:

Post a Comment