Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Flashback Tuesday: A Fine, Fine School by Sharon Creech illustrated by Harry Blis

Here on the East coast school doesn't start for another few weeks but in other parts of the country it has already started.   I thought I would suggest one of my favorite books about school....
A Fine, Fine School



A Fine, Fine School by Sharon Creech and illustrated by Harry Bliss is a fun book that really illustrates how being over enthusiastic about something is not always a good thing.   I love how the principle isn't really a bad guy nor is he intentionally being mean....he just loves his school.   He loves it so much he wants it to open everyday even on Sundays and holidays.  It takes a little girl, who also loves school, to help him realize that he is going over board with his ideas.   Like I said this is a great read especially at the beginning of the school year when kids don't want to summer vacation to end.   It is a good and funny way to show them that it could worse and they could be going every day.   I also love Harry Bliss' illustrations.....the characters are so expressive.   A must have back to school title!

No comments:

Post a Comment