Sunday, August 14, 2011

Reference Sunday: Every Day On Earth by Steve and Matthew Murrie illustrated by tom Bloom

What a a nasty rainy day.   This is the kind of day that makes me just want to curl up and read a book.  It is also a good day to play games and snack and basically goof off....

 I am not much of a games player but I love trivia which is why today's book is a great book to pick up and peruse...
Every Day On Earth

Every Day On Earth: Fun Facts that Happen Every 24 Hours by Steve Murrie his son Matthew and illustrated by Tom Bloom is the perfect book for a rainy day or any day.   I like how the book is set up and easy to read.   Even though it is meant for children I can see many adults being pulled into it's fascinating pages.   I love books on facts and love to learn new things....I  know lots of kids who are the same way.   My nephews Alex and Michael are just two that I know personally.   This is the kind of book I would have loved to have growing up...(it can also very addicting. )  I have already learned so much....I finally know exactly what makes a cell phone a "smart phone", how the early Americans made pumpkin pie (a recipe I would love to try ---) and that more people feel that macaroni & cheese is the best comfort food....

This is a perfect book to makes learning fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment