Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Flashback Tuesday: Froggy Goes to School by Jonathan London illus by Frank Remkiewicz

I realized it has been a  week since I last posted.   Hurricane Irene got in the way..... lucky for me I had  no real damage and only a little bit of food got spoiled.   The storm has brought cooler days which tells me summer is waning.   The kids in my neighborhood and my nephews are busy shopping for school supplies and getting new clothes.   Here is another old favorite to read for Back to School!

Froggy Goes to School
Froggy Goes to School by Jonathan London and illustrated by Frank Remkiewicz was always a favorite to read during this time of year.    He was one of my nephews favorite characters.  I liked to read this book because it really captures a child's anxiety of the unknown.  I remember exactly the same feelings when the first day of school rolled around.   This is a perfect book to alleviate any worries a child might have as a new school year approaches.   A must have perennial story to be read!

No comments:

Post a Comment