Sunday, August 21, 2011

Reference Sunday: Happy Birthday Winnie the Pooh!



According to sources today is Winnie the Pooh's 90th birthday.  So in his honor I thought I would suggest some great Pooh books that speak of his wisdom----because if you can't trust a 90 year old who can you trust???



Positively Pooh: Timeless Wisdom from Pooh


Positively Pooh: Timeless Wisdom from Pooh
by A.A. Milne published by Dutton.   Really cute book with quotes like:

" Good Friends are Always Pleased to See You!"  so true!




Pooh's Little Instruction Book (Action Packs)


Pooh's Little Instruction Book by A.A. Milne published by Dutton.  I always thought Pooh was perfect for this format!





The Tao of Pooh


The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff is more of an adult book----well it is an adult book.  But that doesn't mean I can't recommend it for today.   I always thought it was a wonderful way to help explain Taoism....not that I understand it but I got out it through this book is that we should all be more like Winnie the Pooh---living in the moment.  







2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated to Pooh, and Thanks to Rosemary for telling us about Pooh's Big Day. Benjamin Hoff's books are insightful reading; the familiar gang from the Hundred Acre Wood help teach lessons about looking at life from a different perspective -- Lindsay (having difficulty with this "comment" process)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 90 years! Thanks for sharing about this, Rosemary. Pooh has been a favorite in my family for several generations.

    ReplyDelete