Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Animal Books








A teacher friend of mine asked me the other day for some ideas about animal books that she could use in her classroom. I through out some ideas and thought I would share them on my blog as well. Most kids like animals. Through the years there have been many types of animal stories. There have been fictional series as well as non-fiction series. I think books about something most kids like is a good way to get them into reading. So here is the list I gave my friend plus some.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Animal Rescue Club Series by John Himmelman
50 Awsome Ways Kids Can Help Animals by Ingrid Newkirk
Do Squirrels Swarm? by Michael Dahl
Animals Like Us by Dk Publishing
Animals Should Definitely Not Wear Clothing by Judi Barrett
What Do You do With a Tail Like this? by Steve Jenkins
Shelter Dogs: Amazing Stories of Adopted Strays by Peg Kehret
What Do You do With a Tail Like This by Steve Jenkins

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two great Read Alouds from Eric Carle:

Eric Carle's Animals Animals ~ Poetry about animals
Slowly, Slowly, Slowly Said the Sloth


These are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to animal books but they are a great start!


No comments:

Post a Comment