Sunday, September 13, 2009

Happy Grandparents Day!




Today is National Grandparents Day! I have always wished I knew my grandparents. Happily my Mother told me such vivid stories about her parents especially her mother that I feel like I knew her myself. The only grandparent I remember is my Dad's mother, she was a little lady who didn't speak English very well but I remember her hugs and her kisses. To a child that is enough. She was a sweet lady.

Today Grandparents seem much younger, they do more with their grandkids which is a wonderful thing. So in order to honor all the Grandparents out there I am giving a list of great books for them to read to their grandchildren! ~


Listed in no particular order:

What Grandma's Do Best What Grandpa's Do Best by Laura Numeroff
Grandma & Me by Karen Katz
Grandpa & Me by Karen Katz
Grandma's are for Giving Tickles by Harriet Ziefert
Grandpa's are for Finding Worms by Harriet Ziefert
The Grandpa Book by Todd Parr
The Grandma Book by Todd Parr

Here are two favorite books of mine that talk about grandparents!
Pat the Puppy by Edith Kunhardt~I love this take on Pat the Bunny because the grandparents are not a stereotype--Grandma goes running and Grandpa bakes brownies...fun little book!

I have also loved Nana Upstairs and Nana Downstairs by Tomie DePaola, such a sweet and warm story that is lovely to read~



No comments:

Post a Comment