Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fun Book of the Day: Officer Buckle and Gloria


Officer Buckle and Gloria by Peggy Rathmann is one of my favorite books. It won the Caldecott Medal in 1996 for best Illustrated book. This is a fun to read aloud book because kids get a kick out of discovering Gloria the dogs antics by paying attention to the fabulous illustrations. It is a great book for this time of year especially because it is a school story. I also love the fact that this won the Caldecott because it is a sweet and light hearted book that is really uplifting. Anything that can make a child laugh soothes the soul.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rosemary!!!! I LOVE YOUR BLOG!! We wish you all of God's blessings with it...it looks awesome! I look forward to reading it and hearing your suggestions also - Grace and I had our first taste of "Officer Buckle and Gloria" a few weeks back at a class...I thought it was such a precious book! Now I can get some good ideas for Grace from reading your blog...thanks so much, and we know this will be a great help to many people! :) Talk very soon - love Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this one to kids all the time. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete