Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fun Book of the Day: Leaving the Bellweathers by Kristin Clark Venuti



I love stories about wacky families!
Leaving the Bellweathers is a very funny book about a very eccentric family. Benway is the butler who can't wait to be out of service with them. They drive him crazy. There is wackiness and weirdness and mystery ~ all the makings of a fun read!


It is being compared to Lemony Snicket books but I find it more a long the lines of one of my favorite books by Jean Ferris: Love Among the Walnuts!

It is also being compared to Cheaper by the Dozen by the Gilbreths which is one of my favorite childhood books. I remember getting in trouble because I was reading it during class, it was so good I couldn't put it down.


So if your kids like Lemony Snicket or Diary of a Wimpy Kid or just plain funny stories this would be for them! Let the circus begin!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment