Monday, September 14, 2009

Fun Book of the Day: Summerland by Michael Chabon


Since we are in the waining days of summer (as summer hasn't officially ended yet) I thought I would write about one of my favorite fantasy books.
Michael Chabon, the adult author of such great books like The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, & Wonder Boys has written this great book for young readers. Although I dare say adults will like this book also.

Summerland is a place I would love experience, a corner of the world where it never rains and is always summer and beautiful. Of course for it to be that way there needs to be a little magic, which I think we all need once in a while.

It is the story of heroes and what makes them, it has fairies, giants, goblins and magic; the prerequisite for any fantasy novel. But most of all it has heart with a little bit of faith thrown in. More than magic we need faith in our lives too! This is a wonderful book that shouldn't be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment