Monday, January 25, 2010

Freeze Frame: A Photographic History of the Winter Olympics by Sue Macy


On January 25th 1924 the first Winter Olympic Games were held in Chamonix, France. In a few weeks the 2010 Winter will start in Vancouver, Canada. I have always liked the Winter Olympics, which is ironic because I don't really like the cold. What I like is that there is a more intimate feeling with some of the sports...I remember years ago watching the Luge competition with my Mom. She thought it was amazing and fun.



Freeze Frame: A Photographic History of the Winter Olympics by Sue Macy with a foreword by Peggy Fleming is a great way to get excited about the games coming up. Since it is published by National Geographic the photos are truly amazing. The anecdotes are perfect to read without getting bogged down. It is great for any age but is meant for an older child.

No comments:

Post a Comment