Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Flashback Tuesday: The Wright 3 by Blue Balliett

Wright 3


Today is the iconic architect Frank Lloyd Wright's birth anniversary.   He was born June 8, 1867.  For my weekly Flashback Tuesday I thought I would talk about a great mystery book for kids that takes place in one of the homes he designed.


The Wright 3 by Blue Balliett is a great book for older kids that mixes art with mystery and problem solving.  When I was a kid I would have loved this book.  I loved it as an adult and I remember when I read it and the previous book, Chasing Vemeer, that I wished it had been around when I was young.   This is a great way to introduce history and art to children without being preachy.   It is a fun book that makes the reader use their brain.   The characters are wonderful and relatable ~ a really great read!  For all who are inquisitive and imaginative at once.....

No comments:

Post a Comment