Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fox by Kate Banks Illus by Georg Hallensleben

Fox


So for a second time while on my morning walk I spied a fox in the middle of the street.   It is quite disconcerting to see a wild animal like that in the midst of suburbia.   We looked at each other for quite a bit of time then he ran behind some houses.   I spoke to a man walking his dog and he explained that there is a family of five foxes that have been around for a number of years.   He also mentioned a coyote...which makes me more nervous than the fox.   I really hadn't any idea what I was going to write about today...I have been needing to go to the bookstore to do research when I remembered a sweet book from a few years ago.   The cover really captures the essence of what I saw today.

Fox by Kate Banks and illustrated by Georg Hallensleben is a sweet story with wonderfully soothing illustrations.   It is the story of a baby fox and how he is nurtured as he grows older.   It is about how the Mama fox is always there for him but then knows the right time to send him out on his own.   A perfect parenting story...

This is a beautiful book to read again and again without growing tired of it.   Oh and the cute fox on the cover doesn't hurt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment