Friday, June 25, 2010

The Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle

The Very Busy Spider (Board Book)



In honor of the  author Eric Carle's birthday today I thought I would recommend one of my favorite books.   Most people will mention his book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, which is a wonderful picture book which is a shame because he has written and illustrated countless other classics.


The Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle is my favorite of his "Very" series because it is the first book my niece Celia "read".    When she was only about two years old she this was the book she constantly picked up to for anyone to read to her.   She heard it so much that she was able to "read" it herself.   Now I put "read" in parenthesis because what she really had done was memorize it and just recited it back to anyone who would listen.   The funny part is she imitated her mother's intonations perfectly.   Whenever I would read this book at story time I always read it like "Celia".....

This is a must have for any child in your life.

Thank you Mr Carle for the great memories and wonderful books ~ Happy Birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment