Friday, June 18, 2010

Take Me Out to the Ballgame by Jack Norworth illus by Alec Gilman




Take Me Out to the Ballgame (Aladdin Picture Books)

Today is my nephew Daniel's 15th birthday.  When he was a baby I would babysit him and try to sing him songs like I did his cousin Celia.    Unlike my niece he never let me sing Over the Rainbow....for some reason he took a dislike to it.   It was very difficult finding songs that boys would like and the only one I remember ever being able to get through to him was Take Me Out to the Ballgame....which I sang over and over again.   So for Daniel I am recommending a great picture book version of this song.

Take Me Out to the Ballgame by Jack Norworth and illustrated by Alec Gilman is wonderful storybook about baseball.   Besides having all the words and history of this iconic song it has a wonderful setting.   It takes place at Ebbets Field during the 5th game of the 1947 World Series game between the Brooklyn Dodgers and the NY Yankees.   I am part of a family of Yankees fans but my grandfather was a Dodger fan so I always root for them too! This is the perfect book for the little baseball fan in your life....

Happy Birthday Daniel!

No comments:

Post a Comment