Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Flashback Tuesday: Love Among the Walnuts by Jean Ferris

It has been sold and dreary these past few days that I have been wanting to do is curl up on the couch and read a book.  Today is the kind of day where only a comfort book will do.

Love among the Walnuts
Love Among the Walnuts by Jean Ferris is truly a comfort book.   I loved this book from the moment I read the first line.   The characters are wonderful and refreshing.   This quirky little story of a son trying to save his parents  from his nefarious relatives is heartwarming and funny at the same time.   I love how this book reminds me of the old screwball comedies of the thirties.   I truly recommend this book to anyone who loves to read offbeat stories with a bit of mystery thrown in.   A warm book on a cold winter's day....what better way to spend an afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment