Sunday, January 16, 2011

Reference Sunday: Dragonology: The Complete Book of Dragons by Dr Ernest Drake & Dugald Steer

I read somewhere that today is apparently "Appreciate a Dragon Day"....I usually write about non-fiction book on Sundays or at least a reference type book so I think today's book should qualify.

I love dragons...always have.   I love the idea of them especially since I found out that my Chinese Zodiac is a dragon.  

Dragonology: The Complete Book of Dragons (Ologies)
Dragonology: The Complete Book of Dragons by Dr Ernest Drake and Dugald Stead is the type of book that I would have loved as a kid.   I remember when it first came out, I thought it was so clever.  Of course it has spawned an array of sequels and other "ologies" but that shouldn't detract from the original.  There is so much to look at and read about...it should provide hours of entertainment.   It is also a great way to enhance a child's imagination.   The interactive quality is wonderful.  This is a great book and series to snuggle up with on a cold winter's day.....

1 comment:

  1. This sounds great - and you know, with the recent news that the zodiac has shifted and everyone's signs might have changed, I wonder if that affects the Chinese Zodiac as well - was it originally based on a lunar calendar year? hmmm...
    Namaste,
    Lee

    ReplyDelete