Friday, January 7, 2011

There Once Was a Sky Full of Stars by Bob Crelin illust by Amy Ziner

Back on Nov 24th I wrote about star and constellation books because a friend had asked for some gift suggestions.  Today I got an email from her saying the book she picked was a great hit.   She chose:
There Once Was a Sky Full of Stars

There Once Was a Sky Full of Stars by Bob Crelin and illustrated by Amy Ziner.  My friend gave this book to her friend's daughter for Christmas. I suggested this book because of it is a great read aloud, the iilustrations are beautiful as well as its environmental aspect.  

Here is what my friend Lindsay wrote to me: "Wanted to tell you how much Wendy (the Mom of the recipient of "There Once Was A Sky Full of Stars") LOVED the book.
She sat right down (on the bare floor, no less), and began reading it aloud, enjoying the rhythm and the rhymes.
Amelia, the recipient, happened to be in a post-ice cream-party full-on state of frenzy at that moment...so I don't think she much noticed, but I know Wendy and I'm sure Amelia will be learning lots about the stars and enjoying the book right along with her."

This kind of statement makes me feel like I did a good thing by starting this blog.   It makes me feel good that I can help someone spread a little joy.   As for Amelia, she will eventually love the book because she has a mother who is so enthusiastic.....it doesn't bother me that she wasn't noticing it at the time...she is after all only 4 years old.   

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the nice compliments! Amie Ziner, Illustrator of "There Once was a Sky Full of Stars"

    ReplyDelete