Sunday, January 2, 2011

Reference Sunday: America Bowl: 44 Presidents vs. 44 Super Bowls in the Ultimate Matchup by Don Steinberg by

Happy New Year!  I hope 2011 and brings everyone all good things.

I haven't written for a few days as it was the holidays and a snowstorm got in the way.  Even though I haven't posted since Tuesday that hasn't meant that I wasn't doing my research.  I wanted to find the right book to start off the New Year in style.  

America Bowl: 44 Presidents vs. 44 Super Bowls in the ultimate matchup!
America Bowl: 44 Presidents vs. 44 Super Bowls in the Ultimate Matchup by Don Steinberg really caught me by surprise.   Mr Steinberg has found a way a unique way to learn about American history and sports that isn't boring or dry.  I would have loved to been there when he realized that this past year was the only time we would have 44 Presidents and 44 Super Bowls.   The fact that he was able to connect the two totally different aspects of American life is shear genius.

                           I happen to love reading about history but I am not really into sports or football so this is a great book for a person like me.   I learned things about Football I never new.   I know so many kids who can recite sports statistics with ease but ask them about a historical moment in time and they are stumped.   This book is a great way for those sports addicts to combine their love of sports with the historical knowledge everyone should know.  Again I commend Mr Steinberg for bringing a new twist on reading about history.....a fun must have new book for the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment