Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Flashback Tuesday: Toot & Puddle: You Are My Sunshine by Holly Hobbie

Looking out my window at this cold and dreary day is putting me in a melancholy mood.   I was trying to find a book that would make me feel better when I came across my Toot & Puddle books.   I have always found them to be quite soothing.   
Toot & Puddle: You Are My Sunshine
Toot & Puddle: You Are My Sunshine by Holly Hobbie is the kind of soothing book that reasures us in a quiet way.   I love how Toot is just having a "blue" kind of day....a day we all have ....but he has his friends to support him and get him through the "blue" feeling.    The illustrations have already put me in a better mood.   I was so happy to discover this book is now in paperback....hopefully it will help lots of kids and adults get through a dreary day!

1 comment:

  1. I must be too old for Toot and Puddle, but just hearing "Holly Hobbie" made me think of this really cool t shirt I had in the 5th grade with a sunbonnet girl on it... thanks for the sunny memory!

    ReplyDelete