Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Flashback Tuesday: Rumpelstiltskin by Brothers Grimm illus by Paul O. Zelinsky

Today is the birth anniversary of Jacob Grimm of the Brothers Grimm whose fairy tales have been read and told for generations.   As you know I love fairy tales, straight up or fractured.  Jacob's birthday let's me talk about one of my favorite Grimm stories.  
Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin by the Brothers Grimm and illustrated by the award winning Paul O' Zelinsky has always been a favorite version of the this classic tale.   Mr. Zelinsky truly captures the feel of the fairy tale with some of the most exquisite illustrations.    I always felt sorry for the girl who has to spin straw because the predicament she gets herself into was not of her making.  I also love how Rumpelstiltskin gets his just rewards ..... I never liked him.   Anyway this is a wonderful "must have" book for anyone who loves a good fairy tale, told and illustrated beautifully.  

No comments:

Post a Comment