Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Flashback Tuesday: My Teacher Sleeps in School by Leatie Weiss

Today as per the United Nations is World Teacher's Day.   I love day's that celebrate something.


My Teacher Sleeps in School (Picture Puffins)


My Teacher Sleeps in School by Leatie Weiss and illustrated by Ellen Weiss is one of my favorite books to read at story time about school.   The thing about children is that they can be so literal.   They only understand what they see in front of them.   In this fun read a kindergarten class thinks that their teacher has no other life other than being in a  classroom.   The theories of what she does while they aren't in school are so funny.   This was always a joy to read because the kids reactions were just like the book.  This is a classic book that still makes me laugh.  

No comments:

Post a Comment