Friday, October 15, 2010

Zen Ghosts by Jon J. Muth

I have always loved the artwork of author illustrator Jon J. Muth.   I find his art work has a soothing and calming effect on me. Besides his other Zen titles: Zen Shorts or Zen Ties, I really love The Three Questions and Come On, Rain.


Zen GhostsZen Ghosts by Jon J. Muth finds the three children of the previous Zen stories getting ready for Halloween.    This time Stillwater tells the children an ancient ghost story that makes the reader think.   This is the sort of picture book that is more for the older crowd.  While it is definitely a spooky story it really has the message of how to be true to oneself.  How many of us act differently depending on who we are with?   While I would still read it  to the target audience of ages 4-8 because they might enjoy the illustrations and the basis of the story I would most certainly give this to the older student to enjoy and discuss. A different kind of Halloween book~



No comments:

Post a Comment