Friday, October 22, 2010

Happy Halloween, Mittens by Lola M. Schaefer illus by Susan Kathleen Hartung

Sometimes I forget how beginning reader books can just be so cute.   I tend to always think that they can't be a fun book.  Today's book is a perfect example of a "teaching" book that is fun to read.


Happy Halloween, Mittens (My First I Can Read)

Happy Halloween, Mittens (My First I Can Read) by Lola M. Schaefer and illustrated by Susan Kathleen Hartung is a really sweet new book about a little kitten who keeps getting in the way of Halloween preparations.   Even though it is meant to help children learn to read I think it make a sweet read aloud for any child.   This is a great new character for kids to love and learn with.   The illustrations are precious but not too sappy and the story really speaks to kids.  

No comments:

Post a Comment