Sunday, October 10, 2010

Reference Sunday: Palindromes in Celebration of 10/10/10!

Today's date~ 10/10/10~has inspired me to write about books I have always been intrigued with.   While there are not many books on numeric palindromes there are plenty on the word variety.    These are just fun books to get kids thinking....I always thought that a good palindrome can foster some creative thinking.  


Go Hang a Salami! I'm a Lasagna Hog!: and Other Palindromes
Go Hang a Salami! I'm a Lasagna Hog!: and Other Palindromes by Jon Agee is by far my favorite of the palindrome books.   The line drawings that go along with the words or phrases are priceless.





Too Hot to Hoot: Funny Palindrome Riddles




Too Hot to Hoot: Funny Palindrome Riddles by Marvin Terban is a great activity type of book that hints and riddles for the reader to guess the answers.





Mom and Dad Are Palindromes

Mom and Dad Are Palindromes  by Marc Shulman is a book that I really thought was cute.   There is something about the story of Bob who discovers palindromes all around and can't get away from them.   I try very hard not to recommend hard to get books but I couldn't help myself with this one.   The illustrations are the quirky kind I like!

No comments:

Post a Comment