Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Flashback Tuesday: Coming Home: From the Life of Langston Hughes by Floyd Cooper

Since today is not only the start of African American History month but also the birth anniversary of the wonderful poet Langston Hughes I thought I could write about an old favorite of mine.
Coming Home: From the Life of Langston Hughes

Coming Home: From the Life of Langston Hughes by Floyd Cooper is, as I said, an old favorite.   I have always been a fan of Floyd Coopers wonderful illusrations.   What I loved about this book is how I learned about a great poet ....not as a grown up but as a little boy.   This is a great introduction to an American Treasure.   This book is not only written beautifully but the illustrations are incredible.  I was drawn to the cover immediately .....the little boys face and how he is sitting there with his books made me want to know more about him.  I love how Mr Cooper paints faces that are instantly recognizable to us.   Coming Home  is a great tribute to wonderful poet and artist....a must have book for anyone's bookshelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment