Friday, February 18, 2011

Little Hoot by Amy Krouse Rosenthal illus by Jen Corace

There has been so much talk lately about the demise of bookstores that sometimes we forget that they aren't the only place to buy books.   I have always loved going to some stores that are  eclectic in the products they sell.   The other day I was in an Anthropologie store "window shopping" when I spotted a whole table display of children's books.   On that table was one of the cutest picture books I had ever seen.   The fact that is was a surprise find thrilled me to pieces.

Little Hoot


Little Hoot by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and illustrated by Jen Corace is the perfect bedtime book.   While all his friends complain because they need to go to bed early, Little Hoot is expected to stay up late because that is what Owl's do.   His begging to go to bed early and his bedtime routine is so cute.   This is the perfect bedtime story with really easy text and the most adorable illustrations.   I have recommended Amy Krouse Rosenthal before and I am sure I will again.   This is a great example of writer and illustrator matching perfectly.   This is a must have book for any child's library!

As for finding this through non traditional channels....a total delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment