Sunday, February 20, 2011

Reference Sunday: Marching for Freedom: Walk Together Children and Don't You Grow Weary by Elizabeth Partridge

Marching For Freedom: Walk Together Children and Don't You Grow Weary


Marching for Freedom: Walk Together Children and Don't You Grow Weary by Elizabeth Partridge is a wonderful book and photographic history of the civil rights era.   What I like about it is that it is shown from a child's perspective.    I never knew how involved children were during this time.   The photos and interviews with those who were there are incredibly  moving.  This is a great book for an older child to help them understand this important period in American History.   Elizabeth Partridge has done a wonderful job of bringing to life a little known part of the Civil Rights Movement.   While this is written for ages 9-12,  I think many an adult would appreciate this book.   I know I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment