Sunday, February 27, 2011

You Are My Sunshine by Jimmie Davis illus by Caroline Jayne Church

Today is my nephew Michael's 13th birthday.   I can't believe he is a teenager.   I remember exactly what I was doing thirteen years ago today.   I was on store visits with my boss in Florida.   It was our last day there and I wanted to come home because I knew my nephew's arrival was imminent.   Although at that point I didn't know he was to be a "nephew".   For some reason every time I traveled with my boss we had some sort of car issue.   In this case it was running out of gas on a major Florida highway and accepting a ride from a stranger to a gas station.   Needless to say I was glad to get home.   I wasn't home for 10 minutes when we got the call that my nephew had been born.   He was such a sweet little baby, I used to love to sit and rock him.   He has always loved music and the one song that I considered "our" song was "You Are my Sunshine"....I would sing it to him over and over again as I rocked him to sleep.   This is why I am suggesting today's book.

You Are My Sunshine

You Are My Sunshine by Jimmie Davis and illustrated so sweetly by Caroline Jayne Church is wonderful little board book to share with a child.   It is the perfect new baby gift that will be read over and over again,(or should I say "sung" over and over again)....a must have new baby book that will never go out of style.

Happy Birthday Michael V....may there always be sunshine in your life.....

No comments:

Post a Comment