Thursday, February 10, 2011

Forsythia & Me by Vincent X. Kirsch

Just in time for Valentines Day is  a really sweet new book by Vincent X. Kirsch.   I  was immediately drawn to this book because of the cover art and the fact that I love forsythia flowers.   I have a large forsythia bush on my lawn and my favorite part of early spring is when it starts to bloom.   My Dad never liked to prune it too much....he hated when he saw forsythia bushes that are trimmed and neat.  He loved them wild and natural, like I do.   Which brings me back to today's book.  
Forsythia & Me

Forsythia & Me by Vincent X. Kirsch is a wonderful tale of friendship.  It is about a boy who is great friends with Forsythia, a girl who can do anything.  I like how they are two opposites but that they get along so well.   I like how the roles eventually get reversed and Chester amazes Forsythia....all in the name of friendship.   I also love the illustrations, they are sort of retro but not old fashioned.   A very special story that can really be read all year round.  

No comments:

Post a Comment