Friday, May 6, 2011

Favorite Mother's Day Books!

Sunday is Mother's Day and I thought I would just put out a little reminder of some great books that I loved to read at story time.   These were perennial books that reminded me of what being a Mother was all about.

Are You My Mother?PiggybookOwl BabiesA Chair for My Mother 25th Anniversary Edition (Reading Rainbow Books)

Are You My Mother by PD Eastman ----my all time favorite non Dr Seuss book.....a great read with kids.

Piggybook by Anthony Browne ----- This was one of my favorite books to read during story time.   The Moms got such a kick out it.   If you haven't read it then you must read it now....it so funny and a perfect read for Mother's Day!

Owl Babies by Martin Waddell----this is one of the most beautifully illustrated books I have ever seen.   It's simple story of three little owl's waiting for their Mother to come home is priceless.

A Chair for My Mother by Vera B. Williams----This is such a sweet story....I could always feel the warmth and love between the characters.

These are just a few great books that I love to read aloud.....I hope you like them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment