Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Flashback Tuesday: Abiyoyo Book & CD by Pete Seeger illus by Michael Hays

Today is the wonderful iconic folk singer Pete Seeger's 92nd birthday.   I have always loved his music and storytelling.

Abiyoyo Book and CD

Abiyoyo Book and CD by Pete Seeger and illustrated by Michael Hays is a classic and timeless tale.  I remember hearing the story and song long before I read the book.   Pete Seeger's voice is unmistakable and his storytelling skills are classic.   This has always been of one my favorite stories. I love how the father and son work together to save the day.  It was a fun story to read at story time because we could act it out.  It is very easy to get children involved in the story.   This is a great version because it has a cd so we can also listen to Mr Seeger's wonderful voice.    I also love how the illustrations show a very multicultural environment which makes the story  universal.  A must have book ~

Happy Birthday Pete Seeger---a true American treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment