Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Flashback Tuesday: Dinosaur Roar! by Paul & Henrietta Stickland

Yesterday I finally fulfilled a birthday promise to my nephew Michael V.   I had promised to take him into NYC ----ride in a cab, buy him lunch and most importantly take him to the American Museum of Natural History.   It turned out to be a really fun day.    We saw lots of different exhibits  but one of the main things was the fourth floor filled with dinosaurs.  It was the most crowded exhibit and one of the most impressive, even for me---a grown up.   It was also where all the little kids seemed to gravitate towards.   There are many books that I could talk about but today I wanted to highlight one of my favorites.

Dinosaur Roar (Picture Puffins)
Dinosaur Roar! by Paul and Henrietta Stickland is not really a book about dinosaurs but about teaching children about opposites.   The wonderful thing about the book is that it gives a child characters that they love, i.e: dinosaurs and pairs them with sounds rhymes.    This is a way to teach children.   It is a colorful book that is fun to read aloud, especially in a story time setting.   This is a classic book that never goes out of style.  Perfect for the little dinosaur in your life....


(Oh and check back soon for my picks and recommendations of some great dinosaur books for kids. )

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun time for your nephew! My grandsons love dinosaurs and would like the museum you visited as well as this book. Thanks for sharing, Rosemary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Connie....they would love the Museum....fun day....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rosemary,
    Many thanks for the Dinosaur Roar! mention.
    Dinosaur colouring pages and more at http://paulstickland.co.uk
    Roar!!! Paul

    ReplyDelete