Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Best Pet Ever by Victoria Roberts Illus by Deborah Allwright



The Best Pet Ever by Victoria Roberts and illustrated by Deborah Allwright immediatly caught my eye in the bookstore.   This is probably one of the cutest books I have seen in a long time.   I love the simplicity of the story telling which makes it a great read aloud.   I also adore the illustrations because they have a "retro" feel about them.   This wonderful book about a little girl who wants a pet so much she makes everything around her a pet such as a glove or a balloon until she gets a real one in the end.  It reminds me of my friends little boy who names his crayons as if they are people.   The illustrations remind me of books of my childhood only richer and more vibrant.   This is a great book for any child who has an imagination and any parent who wants to foster that imagination ~ or instill it!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your glowing review of "The Best Pet Ever". It is definitely one of our favorite new books on our list. We have posted your review on our Facebook page. Are you a fan yet? http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wilton-CT/tiger-tales/183496001305?ref=share
    Elizabeth
    tiger tales

    ReplyDelete