Sunday, April 11, 2010

Reference Sunday: Encyclopedia Mythologica: Gods and Heroes by Matthew Reinhart and Robert Sabuda



Back at the beginning of this blog I highlighted Robert Sabuda and his wonderful pop-ups because he is a great favorite of mine.  Before I left a previous job I got the chance to meet both Robert Sabuda and Matthew Reinhart.   It was a real thrill for me. They are really nice and warm people.   They were just publishing Encyclopedia Prehistorica Dinosaurs: The Definitive Pop-Up.  It was a wonderful to meet them and talk about how they work together.   We even discussed the next book they were working on which was Encyclopedia Prehistorica: Sharks and Other Sea Monsters.   I remember telling Mr Sabuda how my cousin had been killed by a shark in California in a documented case.   He was really interested in my story and wasn't just being polite.   Which is another reason I really like him. 

Now they have written and illustrated Encyclopedia Mythologica: Gods and Heroes~ they have done a spectacular job of writing about the myths from Egyptian, Greek, Norse and even the Far East cultures.   The spreads are awe inspiring as usual.    This is a great book for anyone who loves mythology and history.   It is also a must have for the collectors of Pop-ups~I know quite a few people who are going to love this book.   This is not just for children but for all....Reinhart and Sabuda have done it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment