Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Flashback Tuesday: Pancakes, Pancakes by Eric Carle

I saw on the news today that IHOP has declared this National Pancake Day and was giving away free pancakes.   I know it is a gimmick but couldn't pass up the chance to talk about another of my favorite "pancake" books.  
Pancakes, Pancakes!

Pancakes, Pancakes by Eric Carle is one of his older titles which make it a classic.   I loved this book because the colors are wonderful and I love how the little boy must actually gather and make all the ingredients for the breakfast of his choice.   I think it is great way to teach children where food comes from.   This is a great book for families to read together.....they can even make pancakes using the recipe at the end of the book.    A classic tale that shouldn't be missed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment