Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Flashback Tuesday: Dark Lord of Derkholm by Diana Wynne Jones

It was a sad day when I heard that one of my favorite author's had died.  Diana Wynne Jones wrote one of my favorite fantasy novels.


Dark Lord of Derkholm

Dark Lord of Derkholm by Diana Wynne Jones plays on the themes I like best.   It is like a fractured fairy tale only it is a "fractured" fantasy novel.   What I loved about it was the way she wrote a satire of fantasy books without insulting the genre.   I loved the characters and the warmth that penetrated the story.  She was a master storyteller whose writing was filled with rich images and unforgettable characters.  This is the kind of book that is not just for children but for grownups as well.  A truly must have for any fantasy fan.    Diana Wynne Jones brought true magic to the world with her stories....she will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment