Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Flashback Tuesday: The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi

Over the weekend I had a nice discussion with my nephew about the book he was reading in school.   It brought back nice memories for me.
The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle (rpkg)
I read The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi as an adult when I was working in the bookstore.      I so wished it had been around when I was young as it was the kind of book I would have enjoyed.  It has just the right mix of history and adventure that I loved.  I have always admired Avi for the way he has of taking an unknown piece of history and making it come alive.   He writes such courageous and human characters, they are real.   I know most kids will probably read this in school but just in case they don't or they need to read a particular author I would highly recommend this as it has something for everyone.   Even though the main character is a girl I know boys will like it too....thanks Michael for reminding me of a wonderful book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment