Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Brontorina by James Howe illustrated by Randy Cecil

Brontorina


Brontorina by James Howe and Illustrated by Randy Cecil is one of the cutest new books I have seen in a long time.  This funny story of a dinosaur who wants to be a ballerina is really funny and heartwarming.  I just love, love, love the illustrations.   Randy Cecil so perfectly captures the expressions and feelings of the characters in this book.    This is a great story time book.   I would have loved to have  read it at my story times because I think the kids reactions would have been priceless.   I am also happy with the fact that it isn't a really girlie kind of book.   Even though it is about learning ballet I like the fact that there is a boy in the ballet class and that the colors aren't too pink.   The fact that it also teaches a subtle lesson about never giving up on your dreams is a plus.   A must have new book to read and enjoy!













No comments:

Post a Comment