Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Flashback Tuesday: Watermelon Day by Kathi Appelt illus by Dave Gottlieb

Foodimentary has done it again!   He has informed me that today is National Watermelon Day.   Which of course reminded me of one of my favorite Kathi Appelt books.


Watermelon Day

Watermelon Day by Kathi Appelt and illustrated by Dave Gottlieb is an early book by this Newbery Honor author.   She is very prolific but never loses sight of her audience.   This is the perfect book for a summers day.   It teaches children patience and also about nature.   This is a great book to read at a story time and then have some watermelon afterwards....kids love watermelon.   Oh and I love the illustrations too....there is that retro feel I love so well.  So go out and buy some watermelon and enjoy this wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment