Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Quiet Book by Deborah Underwood illus by Renata Liwska

Sometimes a book comes along that speaks to me without being flashy.   Today's book is just that kind of a book.


The Quiet Book

The Quiet Book by Deborah Underwood and illustrated by Renata Liwska seems to be the perfect bedtime story book.   While that is a true statement I think it is much more than that.  I was instantly drawn to this book when I saw it on the shelf.   The illustrations are sweet and comforting.   When I read it I immediately felt calm and soothed.   I could imagine myself reading this to a child not just at bedtime but during the day, especially if that day has been chaotic.   It is the perfect book to help calm overly excited children and to give a nice respite before excitement begins again.   I would have loved to read this at story time......especially if the kids have been a bit rambunctious and loud.    It is surely to be a new classic and would make a great gift to new parents.   Just thinking about the beautiful and calming words makes me smile....

No comments:

Post a Comment