Saturday, August 28, 2010

One Year!

Today is the the one year anniversary of this book blog.   I have been reading some of my old posts and have a feeling I have strayed from my original mission.   I am going to try and rectify that.   I started this blog because I wanted to help people find good books for kids.    I thought if anyone had a book question I could help answer it.   I still want to do that.   I have said it before but it bears repeating that I do not want this to be a book review site.  I think recommending books is different than reviewing books.   Some books don't need recommendation nor do they need reviews they will get bought or read no matter what.   I want to recommend titles that have a purpose, even if that purpose is just a good bedtime story.    My primary concern is getting the right books into the right hands.   I just want to be helpful...

I have greatly enjoyed writing this blog.   I love finding new titles to suggest as well as reintroduce some older titles I have loved.    No book really goes out of style.....they may get a bit dated but sometimes that is their charm.   I love my Reference Sundays and my Flashback Tuesdays.....they are really fun to write.   I also hope that whoever reads this is enjoying my suggestions as well.  Hears to hoping that this blog continues to bring enjoyment to all who read it.   Thanks too to my followers and everyone else who has supported my efforts.   I truly appreciate you all!  

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Rosemary! Looking at that tag list to the right, it has been quite a great year!

    ReplyDelete