Monday, August 23, 2010

Word After Word After Word by Patricia MacLachlan

Word After Word After Word

Word After Word After Word by Patricia MacLachlan was such a wonderful read.   I started to read it one day but had to put it down because it made me cry.   When I finally picked it up again it only took me 20 minutes to finish.   For such a short book it is very powerful.

I am not sure if it is a book a child would pick up but it most certainly is a great book to be read in class.   Having taught fourth grade Sunday School I could relate to the kids in the book.   I am not sure if kids really talk this way or as sensitive as these kids are but part of me wishes there were more like them out in the world.

What is so great about this book is how in simple terms Ms MacLachlan teaches us that words are power.   I love the way that she shows us how words can be real or unreal....and that being unreal doesn't mean it isn't the truth.   I almost felt that Ms MacLachlan had channeled my sister Ann.   Ann has always been about words and truth....how they intertwine and teach us about ourselves.

This is a must read for any age.....like I said I cried through the whole book.....which is always a litmus test for me.   The more I am touched by the words in a story the more I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment