Sunday, August 8, 2010

Reference Sunday: Bite-Size Science: Everything You Need to Know About Science in Small, Easily-Digestible Portions by Robert Dinwiddie

Bite-Size Science: Everything You Need to Know About Science in Small, Easily-Digestible Portions


I found this book at the bookstore and really liked the concept.   It was in a small local independent store where they had put it in the children's section.   It was such a cute book---I like cute and small.   I didn't realize until I went to the publisher's website that the book was written for grown ups and not kids.   How silly that is.   I know so many kids who would love this book....namely kids like my nephew Alex who loves books about facts and figures.   He would rather read this kind of a book than a novel or story book.  I figure he is reading so it is ok.  



Bite-Size Science: Everything You Need to Know About Science in Small, Easily-Digestible Portions by Robert Dinwiddie is a nicely packaged book with around 400 illustrations that explains science to the unscientific.   I enjoyed the explanations of things like the solar system, earthquakes even human body stuff because I could understand what it.  The language is simple and jargon free.   This is a great book for any one who likes to keep up on things without being overwhelming.   Like I said it isn't meant specifically for kids but it would be great for them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment