Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Flashback Tuesday: Petunia by Roger Duvoisin

While on my walk today I was thinking of what I would write about on my blog.   I look forward to Flashback Tuesdays because I get to reach back into the past to find a book.   It had just started to rain and I was sort of following the street sweeper truck.   I didn't feel like following the all the way so I cut down a street I don't usually walk on.  It was as I was turning the corner that I noticed a really lovely house that I hadn't noticed before.   On the front porch was a statue of a goose with a wreath of flowers around it's neck.    At that moment Petunia popped into my head. 

Petunia

Petunia by Roger Duvoisin is the classic story of a goose who finds a book and immediately thinks she knows everything...even though she hasn't read it.    I can't believe this book is 60 years old this year....it is such a timeless story.  This was always a great read aloud because the kids would get  really get into the story.   There are a lot of discussion points too.   The best books transcend time....this is certainly one of them.   A must have for your child's bookshelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment