Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Flashback Tuesday: Hershel and the Hanukkah Goblins by Eric A. Kimmel illus by Trina Schart Hyman

Tomorrow is the first night of the Festival of Lights or Hanukkah.  Today I write about my favorite Hanukkah story.
Hershel and the Hanukkah Goblins

Hershel and the Hanukkah Goblins by Eric A. Kimmel and illustrated by the wonderful Trina Schart Hyman is a wonderful folktale about a town that is over run with Goblins who like to destroy the Hanukkah festivities.   It is up to Hershel to save the day.  This is a really fun book that I think everyone should read even if they don't celebrate Hanukkah.   The characters are great and the illustrations are perfect....like I said it is my favorite Hanukkah story.   It is a must have kind of a book.  It also makes a great family gift as all ages can enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment