Monday, November 29, 2010

More Cookbooks!

Yesterday I wrote about a great new cookbook for kids.   I would also like to recommend some other new cookbooks just in case that one isn't enough and more recipes are needed.  

No Bake Gingerbread Houses for Kids


No Bake Gingerbread House For Kids by Lisa Anderson & Zac Williams.  Every year my nephews aunt gives them a Gingerbread making kit.   This book is nice because there is no kit needed and the ingredients are easy to get.   A perfect cookbook for this time of year.




The Do It Myself Kids' Cookbook: Nothing Hot, Nothing Sharp


The Do it Myself Kids' Cookbook: Nothing Hot, Nothing Sharp by Laurie Goldrich Wolf is for the youngest cooks in the house.   These recipes can be made by a child with no direct help from an adult.   I know lots of kids who will love this because they always want to do things themselves.




Boys Can Cook Too! Incredible Cookies: Fun and Easy Recipes for Boys that Love to Bake


Boys Can Cook Too! Incredible Cookies by Kelly Lambrakis.  Normally I wouldn't suggest a book that is gender specific but I couldn't help myself with this one.   This is part of a series of books geared toward boys and cooking.   I was drawn to this one because the author has three boys just like my brother.   My brother's boys always liked to help in the kitchen.   I have a great photo of my nephew JoJo with his Grandma last year baking our bread for Christmas morning.   Even though it is technically for boys I am sure if there is a girl in the family they will like it too.

Teen Cuisine


Teen Cuisine by Matthew Locriccio is one of the best books for young adults I have seen.   I know most teens could probably use a grownup cookbook but this is great to get them started.   I liked the set up and recipes plus the photographs are truly helpful.





Bean Appetit: Hip and Healthy Ways to Have Fun with Food



Bean Appetit: Hip & Healthy Ways to Have Fun with Food by Shannon Payette Selp and Kelly Parthen.  I just loved the title of this book.   I also loved that it shows how eating healthy can be fun--as you know my other life involves veggie burgers (thesavorygarden.blogspot.com) and healthy eating.




These are just a few newer cookbooks for kids out in the marketplace.   These make great gifts for this time of year--Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment