Friday, November 5, 2010

Thumb Love by Elise Primavera

I have a confession to make, I was a thumb sucker when I was little.  It amazes me how many people hate to admit it.   I always felt a bit self conscience about it too.   I don't think my mother worried about it though, she never tried to stop me but then again I was her fourth child and I guess she knew I would grow out of it.  I pretty much stopped in first grade....hard to do in class.

Thumb Love
Thumb Love by Elise Primavera is really a sweet and funny book about a little girl who develops a 12 step program for herself to stop thumb sucking.    It really is quite clever because this is the kind of book that adults can enjoy along with their kids.   I love the fact that our protagonist makes the decision on her own to stop sucking her thumb. She listens to all those around her but ultimately decides by herself what is best for her.  A really great strong character that kids can relate to.  ( To all the parents out there worried that your child won't stop sucking their thumb....don't worry I am 99% sure they will stop before college!)

No comments:

Post a Comment