Thursday, January 28, 2010

Happy National Blueberry Pancake Day!




















I love pancakes....unfortunately I have not perfected the making of them so I rarely have them. When I do make them my favorite thing to add is blueberries....I feel like blueberries make them healthy. If I had known that today was National Blueberry Pancake Day I would have made an effort to make them as I have blueberries in the fridge. In honor of this day here are few Pancake, Blueberry, and/or both books to enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Curious George Makes Pancakes by Margeret & H.A. Rey----our little friend Cuious George makes pancakes with blueberries in this classic book....

If You Give A Pig A Pancake by Laura Numeroff---every year during my vacation down the shore we go to Uncle Will's for breakfast....they make awesome pancakes. The kids used to love it when the wait staff would place the huge dressed up paper mache pigs at our table....it was always lots of fun.

Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey ----classic story of a little girl who goes blueberry picking with her mother. A must have book!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are so many other blueberry or pancakes books that it was hard to choose what to suggest. I picked these as a starting off point as they are classics! Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Have I got a recipe for you!!
    Wait'll you try these, with or without blueberries -- they'll knock your socks off!

    ReplyDelete